Skip to main content

The Christian's Testimony (Based on Psalm 107)

     I sat in darkness and in the shadow of death. I was a prisoner of my sin, in affliction and in irons. I had rebelled against the holy Words of God, and I had spurned His counsel, the counsel of the Most High. My heart was bowed, heavy with the burden of sin. I fell with no one to help me; I could not rise.  
     
     But before the foundation of the world, the King of Glory, the Sovereign Lord of heaven and earth, knew me and set me apart for His mercy. In His magnificent plan of redemption, He sent His only begotten Son to earth. He lived the perfect life I could not live, free from the bondage of sin. The people rejected this Christ and hung Him on a cross. But on that cross, God nailed my sin. He poured out the wrath that I deserved onto the spotless Lamb, Jesus Christ. This Lamb paid my debt that dreadful, yet glorious day, and rose again to life three days later—raised for my justification.

     And so, many years later as I was enslaved to sin, weighed down by the unbearable weight of sin, I had fallen, but Christ came to me and I cried, “Save me! I repent of my wickedness; I look to You alone for salvation!” And He delivered me from my distress. The King of Glory brought me out of darkness and the shadow of death and brought me into His marvelous light! He burst my bonds and I willfully submitted to Him. What steadfast love! What wondrous works to man who is but dust! 

“Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord (Psalm 107:43).”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangerous Teachings of the Jesus Culture Movement

              Jesus Culture began in 1999 as a conference, called the Jesus Culture Conference, led by Banning Liebscher, the youth pastor at Bethel Church in Redding, California. [1] The music at these conferences were led by Kim Walker-Smith and the others who would become known as the Jesus Culture band. While many are aware only of their music, Jesus Culture is more than a band; it “is a movement with the purpose to ignite revival in the nations of the earth!” [2] While Jesus Culture is more than a band, it is their music that has grown in popularity. They even performed at the Louie Giglio’s Passion Conference in January of 2013 at which John Piper was a speaker. Many young Christians are familiar with the music of Jesus Culture, and many churches, Bible camps, and other ministries sing their songs in worship. However, Jesus Culture is not just a band; it is a movement that promotes false teaching and teachers, is built not on the Bible but on the supposed visions and propheci

Justification by Faith in Romans

Introduction During the height of the Protestant Reformation, John Calvin wrote in an early edition of his Institutes of the Christian Religion that justification by faith “is the chief article of the Christian religion.” [1] Many of the Reformers would have said the same. Many today, however, argue that justification is of secondary importance. The doctrine of “justification by faith” in Romans especially has been the subject of intense debate. In the first five chapters of this letter, Paul lays out the doctrine of justification by faith. Thus, in understanding Romans, one must come to grips with what Paul teaches about this doctrine throughout the book. In the first five chapters of Romans, Paul suggests that justification occurs when God, once and for all, declares righteous, on the basis of Christ’s death and resurrection, the one who believes in Jesus, leading to great peace, access into God’s grace, and the certain hope of glory. Definition In his letter to the Roma

The Destiny of the Unevangelized

  As Western Civilization has become more globally aware and more religiously and culturally diverse, many evangelical Christians honestly wonder about the fate of those who have never had the opportunity to hear the gospel—the unevangelized. Many ask themselves. “Will God really condemn people who have not even had the opportunity to hear about Jesus?” On account of this, some have abandoned the faith and embraced pluralism, denying the uniqueness of Jesus and affirming the salvific nature of all religions that promote good. Others, however, seek to stay true to the Bible and affirm that salvation is Solus Christus , in Christ alone. Nevertheless, not all evangelicals agree about the fate of the unevangelized. The Bible teaches that though all mankind, including the unevangelized, are dead in their sin and destined for eternal separation from God, God lovingly redeems those who, upon hearing the gospel in this life, place their faith in Jesus. Thus, hearing and believing the gos